Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 16:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review: rc file changes

Today Doug wrote:

> Matthew Dillon wrote:
>
> >     I guess they don't teach manual typewriting classes any more :-)
>
> 	Actually I took that class in Jr. High School, way back in '77. It was the
> only good advice my Jr. High guidance counselor gave me.
>
> Doug

When I was in 8th grade (1964-65) you passed typing or you didn't
go on to 9th grade, it was part of the district's required
curriculum.  I had a friend that ended up in summer school just
to take typing.  A single space after a period counted as two or
three "incorrect characters" as I recall.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null