Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 1995 03:30:06 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        "Clay D. Hopperdietzel" <hoppy@appsmiths.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS bug in -current ?

>I've been just hammering away at NFS (like applying all the CTM updates
>since 2.0R) and haven't had a single problem.
>
>I also was trying to install some stuff onto a NFS served /usr/local/bin
>directory.  When I get to the same point (looks like an install to the NFS
>mounted directory from the client), the box who is serving panics with
>something to the effect of 'bf_deallocate: object deleted too many times'.

   It's a known problem that I recently fixed. It happens whenever you create
a hard link on NFS. There is another, much more rare and difficult to manifest
bug (takes 3-8 hours of continuous NFS file I/O) that causes the client to
fail with the same panic. It seems to only occur when multiple processes are
accessing the same file concurrently. I've been able to reproduce this one
twice in the past 24 hours - collecting more information each time - and
should hopefully have a fix in a few days.

-DG