Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 00:06:32 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
Cc:        Hans Glitsch <hans@flash.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc

Dave Andersen wrote in message ID
<199605102200.QAA12863@shell.aros.net>:
> Nope.  You'll have to find another Sparc on which to compile the
> scripts.  Are you sure they're using FreeBSD on an UltraSparc?  That
> strikes me as quite odd.  If they're not running Solaris or SunOS, they'd
> probably be running NetBSD, not FreeBSD, which is more intel specific.

I'll go further than that. You can't run FreeBSD on the UltraSPARC
unless someone has written and is using code that we don't know of :-)
There is a partial port of FreeBSD to the SPARC architecture, but
AFAIK it's not complete enough to actually use for anything like a WWW
server.

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.