Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 1996 01:57:40 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic - double fault

>Lo and behold, David Greenman once said:
>
>> >Fatal double fault:
>> >eip = 0xf0175aa9
>>
>>    Can you look up the above eip address in the kernel symbol table and tell
>> me what routine it is in? (nm /kernel | sort | more) Thanks.

>f0175a34 T _cpu_fork
>f0175abc T _cpu_exit

   Hmmm. It appears that the kernel stack went away during the fork. I don't
know for sure what caused that, but there are a few bugs we're working on
that might affect the problem. The fixes will be committed to -stable when
they're ready.
   How long had the machine been running before this occured?

-DG

David Greenman