Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:44:30 -0700
From:      Ken Key <key@network-alchemy.com>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Airport and Gold cards

Yes, but if it's running WEP, you'll need the "Network Password", which
is different from the string the Apple guys put in.  The Apple administrator
tool hashes the text string they put in to create a 40-bit password.
There's a pull-down option in the Apple Airport manager show the
"network password", which will be a 5 byte hexidecimal value.  Use that
as your WEP key and it will work just fine.  That's what I do at home.

Regards,
K^2

> I have a laptop with an orinoco gold card, can I use that to connect to
> an Apple Airport? The airport isn't in my building so I can't just put a
> gold card in it.

Ken Key (key@cips.nokia.com, key@Network-Alchemy.com)
Nokia,  Clustered IP Solutions, Santa Cruz, CA