Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:45:50 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        David Michaels <dragon@RAYTHEON.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quick question

David Michaels wrote:

> I notice that there is no disc1 ISO image for sparc64 FreeBSD 5.1, but
> there is a disc2 and a mini-disc.  5.0 had a disc1.  This is true of
> both the main ftp.freebsd.org site, and all the USA mirrors I checked.
>
> Is the image missing, or intentionally not there?  What should I use for
> sparc64 5.1?

I don't know why that image is missing, but for the time being you can
use the -mini disk to get up and running.  -mini contains a full FreeBSD
install set, but no ports on the CD.  So you'll be able to get FreeBSD
installed, but you'll have to install ports off the 'net.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies