Date:      Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:47:23 -0700
From:      "alex huppenthal" <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ATM on FreeBSD 4.2 setup question

I'm looking for a little help configuring the ATM card on FreeBSD. I"m
attaching it to a Lucent ATM switch. Right now, I'm not able to ping between
the devices, in fact the Lucent OC3 card reports the loss of signal. ?

I have a Fore ATM card, it's seen in the OS boot:

hfa0: <FORE Systems PCA-200E ATM> mem 0xfe000000-0xfe1fffff irq 11 at device
8.0 on pci0

The interface is configured:

Interface  Sigmgr   State
hfa0       UNI 3.1  ADR_WAIT
    ATM address = -
    Network interfaces: ni0 - ni1

The status

Intf      Vendor    Model     Media           Bus   Serial No
hfa0      Fore      PCA-200E  OC-3c           PCI   0
    MAC address = 00:00:00:00:00:00
    Hardware version =
    Firmware version =