Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2016 13:41:24 -0600
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        Peter Fraser <petros.fraser@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind-9.10

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 12:57 PM, Peter Fraser <petros.fraser@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> Hi All
> Honestly, I am not sure if this post belongs over in a Bind Mailing =
List
> but I will ask just the same to see if anyone has seen this problem. I
> upgraded from Bind 9.9x to bind910-9.10.3P4 on =
FreeBSD-9.3-RELEASE-p33.
> During the installation from ports, I checked RRL(Response Rate =
Limiting)
> After the installation I checked and resolves are still working. I
> restarted the service and no errors. My problem now is that when I use =
the
> option rate-limit { responses-per-second 10; }; and reload bind I get =
the
> error, unknown option rate-limit. Has anyone ever seen this error?

I haven't run in to that, but something to check is whether your =
installation of BIND was built with response rate limiting. The FreeBSD =
port has it enabled by default, but it is a selectable option.

Two quick ways to check:
% pkg info bind910|grep RRL
	RRL            : on

% named -V
built by make with [...] '--enable-rrl' [...]

HTH,

JN