Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 1997 17:26:32 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO / FreeBSD 2.2.5 on HP OmniBook 800

In message <349BE450.789B7D5@tdx.co.uk>, Karl Pielorz writes:
>Hi All,
>
>Can somone tell me whether I stand any chance at getting FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEA
>SE
>to work on my HP OmniBook 800 laptop?

This email is written from my HP800.  Works fine.

>I've looked at the PAO package - and this 'sort' of works - but fails - the
>details are below...

-Current works just fine.

>The first problem I ran into with PAO is that unfortunately on the 800 you
>can't change it's Sound systems second IRQ, which is permanently on IRQ 11.
>The only way I can boot the disk is to disable the onboard sound system (to
>free up the IRQ PAO needs) - though I don't mind doing this at the moment ;-

I'm not using my sound stuff at all.  That works.

Remember to set the bios to "16bit cards" (or whatever it is), >not<
to Cardbus.

>2 x Texas Instruments PCI-1130 CardBus controllers,
well, one, but it has two 'functions" one for each slot.

>One which Win'95 puts at IRQ 15, $cd000-$cdfff
>Another which Win'95 puts at IRQ 10, $ce000-cefff

That should work.

>If anyone has any advice on this, or any way I can get more IRQ's to choose
>from on the boot disk (though I don't mind disabling sound to run FreeBSD)
>please let me know,

That worked for me.

My Ether card is a IBM/National thing, which the if_ze driver recognizes,
so I can boot a standard kernel.  I havn't tried the PAO stuff.