Date:      Thu, 06 May 1999 14:48:10 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        David Abdemoulaie <DAcash18@vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble writing to a mounted DOS floppy (as a user)

>> Mine is
>> /dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy     msdos   rw,auto         0       0
>>
>> I might have forgotten something, but I'm not at home looking at my fstab. Anyway, after that,
>> I can just type "mount /mnt/floppy" and "umount /mnt/floppy".
>>
>> Make sure you make the "floppy" directory in the /mnt dir, and make sure to su the root
>> to mount the device, or else you'll get "permission denied"
>

>Ok, I added that to my fstab, but I can now only write to my floppy from
>root. How can I get it so that I can use it on my personal account?
>Thanks

NOTE: the above fstab should be:
/dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy     msdos   rw,NOAUTO         0       0	sorry 'bout that

Anyway, that's the one I'm still trying to figure out.  Supposedly you can add "user" to your
fstab entry (right by "noauto").

I even changed permissons on /dev/fd0 to 666. Nope, I still had to be root.

If you do find out, or if anyone else out there knows, then please e-mail me also at
kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu.