Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 00:55:08 +0100
From:      Panos GEVROS <P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk, atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Subject:   Re: ATM in FreeBSD, status requested!

at UCL we are using the cairn version of Cranor's driver as well as the
modified for ALTQ one, both as part of the CAIRN project and in a research
testbed that connects several universities in the U.K
we are also planning yet more extensive use of it  in the near future.

ideally we would like to see the CAIRN version which admittedly has some
really neat features -if possible with ALTQ support- to be the one in future
FreeBSD releases;
we dont care about SVCs that much , it has clean handling of interfaces, rate
limiting , supports IPv6 , routing protocols nicely handle the interfaces as
separate links, if it had hooks for the red, cbq etc.
disciplines that come from Sony's ALTQ we couldnt possibly ask for more..
having in mind PC routers.

also imho it seems quite a strategic decision to be taken these days when the
list(s) is (almost..) asleep :)

cheers
Panos