Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 05:43:41 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Lamb.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Follow-up to FreeBSD documentation team status report.

At 01:41 AM 12/13/96 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>First off, the doc team's mailing addresses.  These are what I have
>for you, and anyone desiring a change here should let me know ASAP
>before the information becomes enshrined in the handbook and mailing
>lists.  We can always change it, of course, but why make the job
>harder at the start?  Also, if you're wanting to manage this through
>freefall and were hoping for a FreeBSD.ORG mailing address instead,
>please indicate as such and I'll change your entry pending account
>creation (also, those members who already *do* have accounts on
>freefall were omitted from this list as it's already assumed they'll
>be contact-able there):
>
>	Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Lamb.net>

	Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>

would be the better address.

>Again, these addresses will be listed in the handbook once I finish
>the documentation project's contributor section, so contact me soon if
>you want yours changed (the whole "who does what" section needs a bit
>of a rewrite, with more explanation of what some of the other
>positions actually *mean* probably being warranted, and so my changes
>to contrib.sgml have become bigger than I thought).
>

>Mirror Managers Ulf & John C.
>
>Your very first order of business is probably:
>	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/www
>
>Which looks like it's not getting built and updated anymore though
>people are still FTP mirroring it, which is bad.  I'm not even sure
>where it comes from. :-)
>
>Starting to visit all the listed mirror sites periodically, like a
>traveling ambassador, would probably also be a good idea. :) It would
>also be nice to make sure that everyone's www@www[n][.dom].freebsd.org
>email addresses are working, in case we need to report problems.  Some
>testing there will probably return less-than-confidence-inspiring
>results. :-)

I am right now in germany with no "full" Internet Access. Only MSN/Eunet
and the high Deutsche Telekom phone toll ;-|

I will be back in the US on january 3. So I don't know how much I can do
while I am here. But I will read email every day.

Ulf.

Alameda Networks, Inc.   | Ulf Zimmermann (ulf@Alameda.net)
1525 Pacific Avenue      | Phone: (510)769-2936
Alameda, CA 94501        | Fax  : (510)521-5073