Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Christoph Hellwig <hch@caldera.de>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Amit Shah <amitshah@techie.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: threaded device drivers

Oops- sorry- I got confused over what you were referring to. Apologies!
For some reason I thought you were talking about linux kernel threads.

The schedule_task just becomes something that keventd thread would run-
it isn't available in 2.2.X, and the schedule_task functions says:

 * May be called from interrupt context.  The scheduled function is run at some
 * time in the near future by the keventd kernel thread.  If it can sleep, it
 * should be designed to do so for the minimum possible time, as it will be
 * stalling all other scheduled tasks.

which means that it's more sensible to do your own thread anyway.