Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:47:41 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Code layout and debugging time

swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen) writes:
> I think the whole scheme was a response to a DOD requirement for using a
> PDL to specify the detailed design -- a "product" for one of the big
> steps of the waterfall software development process.  I think the was
> something like one line of code per hour.

The "industry average" (whatever that means) is 8-20 lines of correct
code per day, according to McConnell - and those who would dismiss him
simply because he is a Microsoft employee are close-minded bigots.
Read the book and judge it by its merits and flaws, rather than
proclaim it irrelevant on the basis of the name on the cover.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org