Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:49:40 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@dataix.net>
To:        David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the console bug still exists

On 08/04/2010 03:22, David Xu wrote:
> Sigh, pressing ScrollLock key several times can lock up the
> kernel when it is still booting before /sbin/init runs.
>
> David Xu

Sorry David,

No matter what I have tried I have not been able to reproduce this
across 5 separate machines.

Is there any way that you could obtain a backtrace and or any other
further information ?

Is there a PR already opened ? has it been looked at ? is there another
thread already started on this ?

Is this a USB keyboard ? PS/2 ? is this a USB keyboard plugged into a
PS/2 via a USB->PS/2 plug ? is this a laptop ? PC ? PPC ? ARM ?

There is not enough information on this subject from you yet. Please
provide some URLs to your hardware & some other information like uname
-a output & kernel config etc...

Some hints I might possibly be able to provide you with are disabling
device vkbd, or kbdmux or both if you have that choice and you are not
making sufficient use of them. Obviously this depends a lot on your
usage and what the hardware is but these are things that you have to
answer.

Regards & Good Luck,

--

  jhell,v