Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 2015 17:29:05 -0553.75
From:      "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Subject:   Re: problems booting w/ X11 ati driver

On 12/13/15 17:10, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> On 14.12.2015 00:02, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>> Yeah, sorry for not being more methodical. I rebooted 3-4 times in
>> fairly quick succession, however, I *think* I have dmesg output from the
>> above scenario, see attached. If you want any of the other stuff
>> mentioned, just ask.
>
> > module_register: module drmn/drm_iic_dp_aux already exists!
> > Module drmn/drm_iic_dp_aux failed to register: 17
> > module_register: module drmn already exists!
> > Module drmn failed to register: 17
>
> Like I said Xorg tries to bring in modules it needs.
>
> > KLD radeonkms_port.ko: depends on drmn_port - not available or
> version mismatch
> > linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
>
> That one is weird. Under 9.3 x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati requires
> x11-drivers/drm-kmod. Both radeonkms_port.ko and drm2_port.ko should
> be built from there and drm2_port.ko is the module named drmn_port
> internally.
>
> Can you please load both radeonkms_port.ko and drm2_port.ko and try
> again? You can do this not only from loader.conf but also from rc.conf
> specifying them in `kld_list` tunable. They should be at /boot/modules.

Very well, wilco shortly.

I tried radeonkms_load & drm_load before (*not* drm2_load) in my
loader.conf, are 'radeonkms_load' & 'drm2_load' the correct loader.conf
variables ? I noticed the modules are called radeonkms_port.ko &
drm2_port.ko, not radeonkms.ko & drm2.ko, hence the question. Thanks &
TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."