Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 13:15:41 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        "Booth, Christopher" <christopher_booth@mcgraw-hill.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Christopher Booth <cbooth@aixx.net>
Subject:   Re: IRQ #s

> This looks like an IRQ problem, doesn't it? I have not been able to get PPP
> to work from many configurations of PPP as well as via KDE's PPP feature,
> ppxp, and tkppxp. I can dial up and connect briefly, but nothing passes
> through between my ISP and FreeBSD.

	Best way to find out is to pull one or the other out and see.

> Is there a table of IRQ numbers?

	Here's one I created for internal use in my company. Apolgies if
it does not come across formatted well, I'm forced to use 95 here. :(

Common IRQ Usage

IRQ 1&2 =System IRQs (2 is free on some older systems, mostly with Arcnet)
IRQ 3= Com 2/4
IRQ 4= Com 1/3
IRQ 5= LPT2, Usually free though, sound cards are common, as is COM 3
IRQ 6= Floppy/System
IRQ 7= LPT1 - Should always be here, many programs will not print if it's
not
IRQ 8= System
IRQ 9= Video/System
IRQ 10= Free, usually the best place for Network cards
IRQ 11= Free, good for PNP modems using Com3
IRQ 12= Free, best for SCSI controllers.
IRQ 13= System
IRQ 14= Primary HDD
IRQ 15= Secondary HDD

						Rick