Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 23:43:29 -0500
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can't make buildworld after botched installworld

Yesterday I did the cvsup(Stable)/buildworld/installworld routine, but about
half-way through installation I started getting lots of soft errors concerning
the /usr partition (wd0s3f, lost the rest of the error message). After that it
froze and had to be rebooted. Fsck had a field day upon reboot, so to be safe I
cleared out /usr/obj and started the cycle over again. Now it won't build. As
soon as buildworld starts I get a line of gibberish and then something to the
effect "objformat: expected ")" error in Makefile.inc1 line 963 ...". No too
sure about the line number (I'm in windoze now), it was 960 something. So I rm'd
the Makefile and cvsup'd again. Same error.

I'm guessing my binaries are now scrambled. I don't have a 3.4 cd (i have 3.2)
and none of the ftp servers want to give me an ISO faster than a few kps (im on
a 10mbps lan). How do I fix this? I can always provide more info if needed.

Thanks,
Brandon
--
bfoz@glue.umd.edu