Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:12:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
Cc:        "advocacy@freebsd.org" <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unifying BSD news.. (Re: Daemon News Daily Site)

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:24:21 -0400 (EDT), Chris Coleman wrote:
>
> >Daemon News is expanding its News coverage to include a Daily Site.
> >http://daily.daemonnews.org
>
> I have started to see a number of "Slasdot like" BSD sites.
> http://freebsd.tesserae.com/ (Advocacy Site)
> FreeBSDRocks
> osonline.org/bsd
>
> And now the daily news from DaemonNews.
>
> How about if a database system is created by which one story can be published to a single repository and
> all the sites interested can load it.
>
> Articles will have categories so each site can decide what categories to pull.

Currently freebsd.tesserae.com pulls the freebsd articles off of the Daily
Daemon News(DDN) site.  FreeBSDRocks is a slightly different site, with
more than just news, and only FreeBSD.

osonline.org/bsd, well I guess they are our only real competition.

Chris Coleman
Daemon News Editor in Chief
http://www.daemonnews.org
Bringing BSD together