Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:20:02 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will there be a 5.3.1?

At 06:14 PM 12/19/2004, Colin Percival wrote:

>No, but quite a few people would like to see a 5.4 minor release
>sometime around, say, late February or early March.

That would work too. It's a slightly shorter than usual time between point
releases, but then, a lot of progress is being made because so many people
are trying out 5.3. I do have it running on some non-production hardware,
and other than a bit of slowness in disk operations and some port problems,
it is working pretty well.

I'd really like to see support for the AMD64 architecture become rock solid,
too, because 64 bit Athlons are starting to sell at great prices.

--Brett