Date:      Sat, 27 Aug 2011 15:35:29 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to escalate? ports/159276 - cmake

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 14:10:49 -0500
Mark Linimon articulated:

> Well, in FreeBSD, there's really not an "escalate", since we're not a
> hierarchy.  The best thing you can do is what you've already done:
> contact the maintainer and, if you don't get a response, either file
> a PR with the suggested patch (which can later be committed via
> maintainer-timeout), or post to the mailing list.

Igor, please do file a PR and bug the maintainer as well as posting on
all of the relevant FreeBSD forums. Perhaps someday, maybe even in your
lifetime, it will be addressed. FreeBSD prefers to tell others about
how great it is and conveniently hides it deficiencies. They tend to
live by the motto, "Never make anything simple and efficient when a
way can be found to make it complex and inefficient" and blame
Microsoft or the hardware manufacturers for their problems.

Good luck, you will need it!

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+ports@seibercom.net