Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 08:52:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        tinguely@plains.nodak.edu (Mark Tinguely)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: When is the new sound code being committed?

> rewriting the VM code that goes to force contigous memory chunks is a tall
> request, but if done, our drivers will be more than pleased to release our
> buffers when we no longer need them.

Our new contigmalloc will be really inefficient, going on to draconian
measures to find continguous memory.  It is indeed a tall order to do
the contiguous allocation correctly, but I am going to work-around
some of the complexity by evicting pages mercilessly.  The code is likely
to best be used at LKM load time :-).

John