Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:24:49 +0200
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Known problems with Asus A7V 266 with VIA chipset ?

Hi,

we intend to buy a new server machine.

We'd like to use a Asus A7V 266 board, which is equipped with
the VIA VT8366 or VT8363 chipset, and plug in a Athlon XP 1700,
as well as 1 Gig DDR-Ram.

I believe since this should be not too exotic, but still sort
of current hardware, there should be no problems. From the
mailing lists, there have been problems with the VIA chipsets
reported, but maybe there are no issues left.

So if anyone has any experiences (good or bad) with such a
configuration (or comparable), please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                 - Work is for people, who don't surf -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*