Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:50:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Frank Tobin <ftobin@neverending.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/30518: libmikmod is not linked well (mikmod configure dies)

The following reply was made to PR ports/30518; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Frank Tobin <ftobin@neverending.org>
To: "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc: <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: ports/30518: libmikmod is not linked well (mikmod configure
 dies)
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 02:48:18 -0500 (CDT)

 Frank Tobin, at 09:46 -0500 on Fri, 14 Sep 2001, wrote:

    My world compile is from Jul 23, kernel on Jul 26.  This may be an
    issue, granted; I'll be making world today, so I'll see if that
    changes the situation.  My compiled libmikmod is current.

 I just completed a "make world", and the problem still persists.  That is,
 I still get during the mikmod configure:

 checking for libmikmod - version >= 3.1.5... no
 *** Could not run libmikmod test program, checking why...
 *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
 for the
 *** exact error that occured. This usually means libmikmod was incorrectly
 installed
 *** or that you have moved libmikmod since it was installed. In the latter
 case, you
 *** may want to edit the libmikmod-config script:
 /usr/local/bin/libmikmod-config
 --- ERROR: No suitable libmikmod library found.
            You need at least libmikmod 3.1.5 for this program to work.
 .
 .
 .
 configure:1306: checking for libmikmod - version >= 3.1.5
 configure:1422: cc -o conftest -O -pipe  -I/usr/local/include -D_REENTRANT
 -D_THREAD_SAFE    conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib -lmikmod -pthread
 -L/usr/local/lib -lm  1>&5
 /usr/local/lib/libmikmod.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_fork'
 /usr/local/lib/libmikmod.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_waitpid'
 /usr/local/lib/libmikmod.so: undefined reference to `__pthread_write'

 --
 Frank Tobin		http://www.neverending.org/~ftobin/