Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 22:35:18 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Hannon <epamha@epa.ericsson.se>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, "Hannon, Mark (seeware)" <mark@seeware.DIALix.oz.au>, support@xinside.com
Subject:   Re: X-inside CDE segfaulting all over the place

> I've been having a less than successfull time getting the X-inside
> CDE product working.

> installation. X11R6 & local X-clients & Swim-Motif 2.0 are
> installed as /usr/local/X11R6.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wide range of /usr/X11R6 and /usr/local
pollution on this machine (Swim being the primary candidate) were
causing interoperability problems.  Since Swim is 2.0 and CDE uses
Motif 1.1, any mixup with the shared libraries would be very bad
indeed.

To test this theory, I'd simply reinstall my XFree86 distribution onto
a clean /usr/X11R6 then add CDE on top of this and then either reboot
or run ldconfig by hand to rebuild my LD cache (very important!).
See if problems persist.

					Jordan