Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:28:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Dean <brdean@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for a Kodak DC290?

Hi,

I just got a Kodak DC290 camera which uses a USB interface.  It works
great with my Mac and would even be more useful if it would work with
my FreeBSD box.  When I plug it in, it shows up in syslog as:

Jan 12 20:29:32 vger /kernel: ugen0: Eastman Kodak Company KODAK DC290 Zoom Digital Camera, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

Is anybody using this camera with FreeBSD?  If so, what program are
you using to talk to it?  Minimally, I'd be happy with a simplistic
way to mount this thing and make it look like a disk drive from which
you can copy the images off.  Has anybody done that?

BTW, I'm running i386/-current:

FreeBSD vger.foo.com 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Mon Jan 10 21:04:56 EST 2000     bsd@vger.foo.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/VGER  i386

Thanks,
-Brian