Date:      Mon, 07 May 2007 16:19:12 -0700
From:      Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com>
To:        Gore Jarold <gore_jarold@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware3 on FreeBSD 6.2 - minor (?) svga problem ... more #2

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 16:07 -0700, Gore Jarold wrote:

> I did device.hints, sysctl and linprocfs.  I assume by
> the install script, you mean 001.vmware.sh ?

Yes -- what is does is pretty much all in the background.

> I then started vmware manually, and it immediately ran
> the wizard for me and I created a VM.

Did the VM boot at the end of the install?  Or did you get the error
message you cite?  It should have booted at the end.

> I have never
> been able to start that VM I created though.  It was
> indeed a winXP Pro VM, but again, it has never started
> - I have never even seen the BIOS screen in vmware...

I'd suggest you reinstall the VM.  That is, remove the old one in
~/vmware and try again through the wizard from the command line.

I've never seen the message you cite (and I just did a quick install of
W2K on another 6.2 box).  I've installed on a variety of BSD computers
with a variety of hardware.  While the reinstall might not do it either,
that's the best suggestion I have.