Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 07:10:50 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Brokeness of floppy images

>Ah, the 48MB double fault.  This seemed to only affect the 2.2.2-RELEASE
>floppy;  any later SNAP floppies, and thus 2.2.5, will work properly.  For
>the history here, the boot floppy will emit `panic: double fault' if you
>have 48mb of RAM installed in the machine.

WOW. This is the first I heard of the 48MB bug. I guess its my machine
after after all. Hmmm. How'd that happen? :)

>They need to grab a 2.2.5 floppy or yank a SIMM until you're finished
>installing. And I'd highly recommend installing 2.2.5 instead of 2.2.2;
>the 2.2.2 sysinstall had some nasty corruption bugs.

Wouldn't you know that I bought Complete FreeBSD a on the same day that the
announcement hit my email box. Now it will cost me for a new CD. I can
resist the cutting edge... I can resist... must hold..... out ..... :)

THanks for the info on the bug,
Jason Wells