Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:53:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      mi@video-collage.com
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE on 2.2.8-STABLE

On 24 Mar, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
= >Hello! Is the  AHC_SCBPAGING_ENABLE safe to use  with aic7880 adapter
= >on the  latest (cvsuped  two days ago)  2.2.8-STABLE? The  comment in
= >LINT  still warns  against it,  but it  seems to  be the  standard in
= >4.0  and 3.4  now...  What about  other  options --  AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO,
= >AHC_TAGENABLE?

= No, the  option is not  safe. Development on  the 2.2 era  SCSI system
= stopped some  time ago  and the  problems with  SCB paging  were never
= addressed there.

Thanks for the  prompt response. Will I know, I'm  in trouble right away
(at  boot), or  will it  mysteriously crash  some time  later? In  other
words, can I find out if it is safe for my hardware right away?

What about the other two AHC_* options?

Thanks,

	-mi