Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:05:15 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   1998 Bugs

I notice that we had almost as much bugs reported through send-pr on
1998 as we had on all previous years together...

I can think of a few explantions...

* 3.0-RELEASE with the kld and elf move?

* number of users has been increasing at a very fast rate?

* more committers -> more new committers -> more bugs?

* quality has decreased?

* size has increased?

* someone managed to get the users to user send-pr at last?

* all of the above?

* none of the above?

* others?

So, I guess the question is... will we have as much new PRs this
year (~5000)? Will we actually double again?

On a more serious note (yup, the above was not quite serious), this
vast increase in the number of new PRs will be straining us. Should
we have a new type of contributor, in addition to our regular doc's
people, ports' people and src's people (did I miss anyone?), the
PR's people? (No, Brett, I don't mean PR as in press, but as in
Problem Report ;)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com