Date:      Fri, 14 May 2004 09:05:31 -0300
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fernando@mecon.gov.ar>
To:        Patrick Baker <PBaker@outpost.com>, "'freebsd-security@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How do fix a good solution against spam..

En un mensaje anterior, Peter Pentchev escribió:
> > http://www.paganini.net/ask/
>
> Ah, something similar to TMDA?  For another point of view on
> that kind of software, check e.g. Jeremy Zawodny's experience and
> some of the readers' comments:
>
> http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/001931.html

I don't know TMDA in depth, but with ASK, that most probably wouldn't happen.
Here's why: every user has to define a "mailkey", which is some phrase that is
present in his .sig. Nowadays is pretty common to get replies quoting the
full message. ASK delivers (and also whitelists, if so configured) mail
containing your mailkey.

Even confirmation messages are customizable and multi-language. Unreplied
messages are queued (you can get the listing by email, process each of them
individually and edit black/white/ignore-lists, all by simple emailing to your
own account).

The current beta version would connect to the senders' SMTP and see if the
reply address is valid, prior to even queueing and challenging a message from an
unknown address.

Also, I don't know why this guy is so upset. Only thing he has to do is reply.
Not really that hard. Is like complaining about security checks in a building,
even though you were invited.

Regards.

Fernando.