Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 1997 21:03:48 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@anpiel.aero.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: White Christmas

Mike O'Brien wrote:
>         It seems highly unlikely here in Los Angeles.  Although we did
> get 1/4" of snow in Malibu a few years back.  Led to some wild pictures
> of snowball fights on the beach fought by kids who'd never seen snow.
> They were dressed kind of wild since they were a) rich and b) didn't have
> any warm clothes because they'd never needed them before.

Some good friends of mine found themselves stranded in Santa Monica and
then San Pedro for 8 years.  Peter always said he wanted to see it snow
in Los Angeles, so he could go to the top of the Barrington Towers and
watch the world's largest game of bumper cars.

It snowed in L.A. on Christmas morning, 1988: the day Peter moved from
the L.A. area permanently, home to New England.  Be careful what you
wish for, you may get it!  ;^)

http://www.xmission.com/~softweyr                 softweyr@xmission.com