Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 21:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "D. Alex Neilson" <neilson@purple.nugate.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrade Problem from 2.2.6 to 3.2

	Problems upgrading from 2.2.6 to 3.2

1. Started with an i386 2.2.6 system which worked fine.

2. Got and installed the 3.2-RELEASE source tree.

3. Did a "make aout-to-elf-build" and "*-install"; all seemed to go well.

4. Boot did not go well, getting:

	F1 . . . BSD
	F2 . . . BSD
	F3 . . . BSD
	F4 . . . BSD

	Default: F1
	Disk error 0x1 (lba=0x3b016f)
	No /boot/loader

	>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
	Default 0:wd(0,1)/kernel
	boot:
	Disk error 0x1 (lba=0x19728f)
	Invalid format

	>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
	boot:

/boot/loader is in there; it's the same one in the /usr/obj tree.

I don't think that I have a hardware disk error as I did an "fsck -p"
just before install and it ran clean.  I can boot the old kernel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex