Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 00:35:41 -0700
From:      "Gianluca Torta" <gianluca.torta@gte.net>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Undefined symbol gmtime_r with jdk1.1.8

Hi all,
I've just installed jdk1.1.8 on my FreeBSD3.0 and I'm facing a weird
problem, that may even not be caused directly by jdk1.1.8.
When I try to execute some of the jdk tools, as jar or appletviewer, I'm
getting the following error:
  "Undefined symbol gmtime_r in blahblah/green_threads/libjava.so"
This only happens for some of the tools, while apparently not for others
(e.g. java, javac, ...).
My PATH, CLASSPATH and dynamic library search path (ldconfig -r) seem to be
set correctly, and in particular, libc_r.so (which contains gmtime_r symbol)
is in the search path for .so
Ah... one more information: since I use FreeBSD3.0, I'm using the elf
version of jdk binaries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I've been really stuck with
this for almost one week now.

thank you
Gianluca