Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 23:03:54 -0600
From:      john@dexter.starfire.mn.org (John Lind)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fast/slow Ethernet NFS problems with 3.0-970124-SNAP (update)

> I am having what seems like the classic problem with a fast server and
> a slow client in that the client makes a request and, judging from
> the data activity lights on the network, the server is trying to
> respond, but the client "hangs."  I have tried doing the mount with
> "-r=1024" but this has not helped.

I had another system apart, and borrowed the NE-2000 compatible
from it to use in the client box, and suddenly the whole thing
worked fine.  Either we have a new problem with fast servers and
slow clients, or something is preventing the old solution from
working around the problem.

		 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG	    USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417