Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 22:49:37 PST
From:      "Lionel Echeverria" <leer10@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Startx

Hi there!  I'm having real trouble running X Windows.  First of all,
apparently there are certain libraries that aren't loaded when I first
try to run startx, because every time I try to run it, a message that
reads something like "ld.so couldn't load libXmu.so.6.0".
But that's only half of the problem.  When that message appears, I load
the libraries through the ldconfig -R command, and then try to run
startx.  But then a series of errors messages appear saying that a
connection to the server could not be made and that certain sockets
couldn't be loaded, etc.

So my questions are:
1. Can you tell me how to load all the libraries needed for startx every
time I enter FreeBSD?

2. Can you tell me how to get rid of the error messages in order to get
startx to run normally?

I thank you in advance for your quick and helpful response.

Sincerly,
Lionel Echeverrķa