Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 10:13:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        peter@spinner.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VM/kernel problems?

> Is this just me?  I started getting these on three different machines with
> vanilla -current kernel from within the last 24 hours.
>
> pid 659 (FvwmPager), uid 433: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> pid 762 (xterm), uid 0: exited on signal 11
>
> pid 144 (named), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> pid 4601 (tcsh), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
>

> The machines were not under any load at the time (load-av 0.00).
>
> A build that is failing:
> @(#)FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0: Mon Sep  9 20:36:30 WST 1996
>
> A build that is thought to be good:
> @(#)FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0: Fri Sep  6 03:40:12 WST 1996
> I do not know that this one was built from up-to-date source though.
>
> (WST = 8 hours ahead of GMT, about 15 hours ahead of freefall time)
>
> Anybody else seen this, or is it something local?

Please, if anyone is seeing such a problem with -current, pipe-up!!!  The
new pmap changes look simple, but their ramifications can be complex,
and the simplest error is difficult to track down.  I am prepared to work
all of tonight on the problem (and I think that I have a few ideas for
potential problems.)

Thanks!!!
John