Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:05:39 -0700
From:      "Michael W. Akers" <mwakers@home.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: which window manager?

Hi Don,
I'm using FreeBSD3.2 and XFCE 3.1.1 (  just upgraded ). I used the =
xfce-3.1.1-freebsd.i386.bin.tar.gz that is available on the =
http://www.xfce.org site ( click on downloads ). You must have several =
support packages that xfce needs to operate. GTK+ libraries and Xpm3.4k =
etc. must be installed for Xfce to work. In the packages section of the =
FreeBSD site, see what libraries are need to support Xfce, install those =
and then install xfce-3.1.1.

BTW, the xfce-3.1.1 MUST be installed from the root '/' slice (it dumps =
every thing into /usr/X11R6 /usr/share  and so forth ) with the xfce =
3.1.1 release the desktop has gone into turbo, its extremely fast!

If you have anymore questions feel free to email.
Michael Akers