Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:24:12 -0400
From:      Mark Hendriks <markh@lon.imag.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dann@greycat.com
Subject:   Re: USB Camera, 4.0-STABLE

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Dann Lunsford wrote:
> I have a D-Link DSB-C300 USB digital camera, and absolutely no idea how
> to get it working with FreeBSD, if it's possible at all.  Haven't dealt with
> USB stuff before.  Using a Toshiba 2595XDVD laptop running 4.0=STABLE as of
> a couple of days ago.  Can anyone supply a pointer or two to info on USB
> on FreeBSD, and on this camera in particular?  Thanks!

For USB support, look in the LINT kernel config file, and copy the
appropriate lines to the kernel config file you are currently using.  If
you haven't built a custom kernel yet, everything you need to know is in
the handbook on your system at /usr/share/doc/handbook/index.html

For your digital camera, look through the ports collection under graphics.

Mark Hendriks
markh@lon.imag.net