Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 09:28:39 +0100
From:      sousa@isr.uc.pt (Inacio Fonseca)
To:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   GENERIC KERNEL

	Dear Sir,

	I have installed the FreeBSD, and I have some difficulties to
	get the kernel to detect my CD-ROM. I have compiled the GENERIC
	configuration, and it just detects the CD-ROM after the second
	startup (and just if I open the CD-ROM door). I am not using
	the devices mcd0... but the wcd0 in the second controller wdc1.
	I thought it was some problem in the CD-ROM cable, but the
	MS-DOS detects the CD at the first time, so it's not.
	So How can I fixe the problem?

	The CD-ROM is a LION 6x.

	I really dont now if is important but I have installed the
	FreeBSD 2.2 CURRENT.

	Another question:I get the pgcc compiler using the ports
	collection but when I try to recompile the system (in single
	user, and I am talking about the kernel), I get some errors
	in final linker stage (I think the compiler performs any kind
	of optimization and get out some variables definitions, that
	maybe are not used in the file where it is declared).
	So, there is any different Makefile for PGCC?

	Thanks
	Inacio Fonseca

	email- sousa@isr.uc.pt