Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:16:57 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        setantae <setantae@submonkey.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, peter@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What's the point in joy(8) ?

I suspect that this is somewhat like the existence of /usr/sbin/linux
and linux(8).

You might check the mailing list archives for a discussion some time
ago about the merits of this sort of thing.  IIRC, such a discussion
consumed copious bandwidth some time ago.  (Sorry, I don't remember
when... been reading FreeBSD mail for about six years now, and am
getting a little fuzzy on names and dates and suchforth.)

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 05:37:40PM +0000, setantae wrote:

> Is there any point whatsoever in joy(8) and it's manpage existing ?
>
> They're not even referenced by the manpage for joy(4).
>
> For those who don't know what I'm on about, /usr/bin/joy is a shell
> script consisting of the shebang line, the CVS tag line and the words
> ``kldload joy''.
>
> Can someone kill it ?
>
> (Sorry if I'm meddling in the affairs of dragons here.
>  I freely admit that the only reason I don't like it is because it's
>  ugly *and* unnecessary - ugly on it's own would be ok ;)
>
> Ceri
>
> --
> keep a mild groove on

Michael Lucas