Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:56:46 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vaidas Damosevicius <vd@vmunix.lt>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: T41p and 5.2.1-RELEASE

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Tomas Hodan wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> I just installed 5.2.1-R to my IBM T41p, with defaults boot it will
> panic, unable to mount root. with disabled acpi it works, but I'm unable
> to get ethernet to work. anyone had same problems? are my bios settings
> wrong?

Well, I have IBM ThinkPad T41 and everything works very well with
5-CURRENT. Please, try to install 5-CURRENT snapshot, not 5.2.1-R. Fetch &
burn from ftp://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/ISO-IMAGES one
of images (in example 5.2-CURRENT-20040611-JPSNAP.iso). A lot of things
has been changed after 5.2.1-R :)

> thx
> tomas

vd