Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:03:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      gsutter@pobox.com
To:        Last of the House of Rurik <douglas@speakeasy.org>
Cc:        taco@mad.scientist.com, michael <killjoy@burnvictim.com>, freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dorm room ethernet

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Last of the House of Rurik wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Todd 'Taco' Hansen wrote:
>
>> no. if you had your own domain name, or found someone who was giving them
>> out, you could assign a name from their domain, but you don't have any
>> power to globally change/modify another organizations domain names. Unless
>> of course you only want this name to apply to people connecting from your
>> machine, then you do a host file.
>
><http://www.ml.org>; is your best bet.

Be careful, though.  Penn State sneaked a change into their computer
dictums last year outlawing non-PSU secondary domain name servers.
Several people I know had to change their systems' names.  Other
universities may have done similar things.

GReg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."