Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2011 12:10:22 -0500
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Probably a bit OT] A question about mail systems

--Sig_/48KWmB97o7olf2pB/yV9mE4

On Sat, 08 Jan 2011 15:01:49 +0000
Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> articulated:

>  dovecot works very well serving Maildir via IMAP.  As mentioned
>  elsethread, dovecot v2 isn't really stable yet.  Also lacks some of
>  the add-ons like managesieve.  For a quiet life, stick to dovecot
>  v1 for the moment.

I am not sure if that is correct. There seems to be some info available
here: http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/download.html regarding
managesieve; ie, "For Dovecot v2.0, Pigeonhole is available as a single
package containing both Sieve and ManageSieve support". In any case, I
would still wait for Dovecot 2.x to stabilize further.

--=20
Jerry =E2=9C=8C
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net

I exist, therefore I am paid.