Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:50:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Someone posted a fix for NFS, but not commited

the file: src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c line: 582
has a bug which can cause nfs 'intr' mounts to hang the machine:

                while (vp->v_numoutput) {
                        vp->v_flag |= VBWAIT;
                        tsleep((caddr_t)&vp->v_numoutput,
                                slpflag | (PRIBIO + 1),
                                "vinvlbuf", slptimeo);
                }

it's been explained to me that if a signal interupts the tsleep it will
cause an infinite loop.

the fix i _think_ was:

                while (vp->v_numoutput) {
                        vp->v_flag |= VBWAIT;
                        error = tsleep((caddr_t)&vp->v_numoutput,
                                slpflag | (PRIBIO + 1),
                                "vinvlbuf", slptimeo);
                        if(error){
                             splx(s);
                             return(error);
                        }
                 }

unfortunatly i accidentally deleted the mail with the fix in it and
cvsup checked out the file clobbering my local copy.

can someone take a look at getting this commited?  it solved the
hangs i was having and doesn't seem to adversly affect semantics.

i have no clue where this patch went i searched the lists and had
no luck finding it.

thanks,
Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current