Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 20:00:58 +0000 (WET DST)
From:      Paul LaFollette <lafollet@andante.cis.temple.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install problem wth new release

Hi,
Trying to install the new release using FTP over ppp connection.
This has worked just fine for the previous release, but now
I specify ppp on COM2 in the menu, and when I get into the
ppp program and type term, I get no response from my modem.

My first guess is that it is mistakenly trying to talk to COM1, second
guess is that handshaking might be screwed up.  I have NOT
had this problem ever with the previous release.  Any
ideas?  Thanks for your help, and as alwqys thank you all for
your continued support and improvement of this wonderful product :)

Paul LaFollette
Assoc. Prof. CIS Dept.
Temple Univeristy
Philadelphia, PA 19122