Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:04:02 -0600
From:      "Matt Bedynek" <mbedynek@insync.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIS and YPBIND

Hello.

I am having problems with NIS.  From plowing through the questions I've seen
that many people have had simular problems and that they go unanswered.

My problem in brief is that the NIS client for some odd reason is unable to
contact the server.

rpcinfo -p server

works fine before ypbind is loaded on the client but not after -- it just
hangs.

however running rpcinfo on the server works fine.

I am assuming that the rpcinfo & ypbind problem are related to why my client
is unable to connect to the server.

any help would be appreciated.