Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:16:14 -0400
From:      "Christopher T. Jewett" <ctjewett@onebox.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Configuration Problems...

Huh?  I take it wrapper is somehow supposed to help with unprivilidged
users booting X from the startx script, but why is it not installed when
you install X 4.1.0 if it's required for runtime unprivilidged user access?
 Also, this still fails to help why my resolution is still defaulting
to 640x480, dispite changes to my XF86Config file that should display
in 1024x768.

Also, if you read my note, you'll see that I checked Xfree86.org already,
and in fact, the very documents you pointed me to really aren't all that
helpful.  Directly quoting the installation notes is the text:

"The next step is to configure the X server. That is covered in detail
in an as-yet unwritten document :-(. In the meantime, there are three
ways to create a basic X server configuration file for XFree86 4.1.0.
One is to run the xf86config utility. Another is to run the xf86cfg utility.
The third option is to use the new -configure X server option:  XFree86
-configure"

Doesn't seem exactly helpful, since I already used the -configure way,
as it was recommended in the FreeBSD documentation and worked like a
charm, does it?  Any further assistance you could provide would be helpful,
even if just explaining further in detail how Wrapper is supposed to
magically fix my unprivilidged user problem.

Thanks again!

Chris