Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2013 00:37:15 +0900
From:      poyopoyo@puripuri.plala.or.jp
To:        David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>, python@freebsd.org, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC] lang/pypy

Hi, good work, David.

It compiles, packages and works flawlessly here for replacement of 1.9
so far for a week.

On my compile box, amd64/Athlon64 5050e 2.6GHz 2 core/8GB,
memory requirement for translation processes is far less than
warning shown. It prevents build with
| warn: this system has insufficient memory, expected at least 9227MiB RAM
however my translation processes under -DPYPY_IGNORE_MEMORY take 2GB
for normal binary and 2.5GB for sandboxed one so they aggregate 4.5GB
to run parallel. This is far less than "expected", no page thrashing,
no hang, no stuttering. It does not matter being with pypy1.9 or pypy2.0
(yes, I built twice for 2.0 self hosting. Not tried with cPython.)

So I think this warning is a bit excessive that makes everyone just put
PYPY_IGNORE_MEMORY=1 in their make.conf. Just in my case.

--
kuro