Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:19:29 +0100
From:      Espen Skoglund <esk@ira.uka.de>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        Espen Skoglund <esk@ira.uka.de>, freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EFI loader problems

[Marcel Moolenaar]
> I recently upgraded my server to 4.5-RC and as such destroyed the
> tftp version I was using. I forgot that I use -current sources for
> tftp, because the -stable version doesn't work.

> If you tftp server runs on -stable, try using one built from
> -current sources.

I know of this problem (I was the one who submitted the patches to
support the tftp TSIZE extension ;-) and do of course use the -current
version.  As I said, I get the same problem if I boot the loader image
from a local disk.

> I always forget the failure mode, but I think a "not found" is what
> I got as well...

I think the failure mode was something different.  Hmm... Well, it
doesn't really matter.  Point is that tftpd is *not* the problem.  The
problem seems to be more of the nature of what you desribed in a
posting to this list in November.  Booting a newly compiled loader
failed with "not found", but booting an old loader image worked fine.

	eSk